The Urban Natures Lab aims to bring more nature into everyone's lives. We conduct community- and practice-engaged research on urban systems using a social-ecological lens. Our research is focused on environmental justice and planning for resilience using nature-based solutions. We are on the lookout for new and inclusive approaches to doing research and creating liveable cities. Along the way, we're actively creating a fresh academic culture: one that is non-hierarchical, inclusive, collaborative and welcoming of diverse worldviews.
Stay in touch with The Urban Natures Lab by following us on Twitter.
Lab Mentorship Principles
- Tailor mentorship to individuals' needs
- Foster community and help make connections within and outside of the lab
- Encourage focus and help remove impediments
- Fan the flames of enthusiasm
- Support taking risks while remaining accountable
- Model persistence and a healthy work-life balance
- Help demystify the academic process and culture
Adapted from Robert Lefkowitz, The Art of Scholarly Mentoring